On this page:
Who can make a submission?
Anyone can make a submission about an advertised application during the advertising period.
What is a submission?
A submission is a written statement explaining your views about an application, and how you may be affected if a permit is issued.
The submission will carry more weight if it is rational, factual and specifically addresses the proposal and relevant heritage matters.
A submission should:
- Be made using the public submission form
- Explain your views
- Relate to matters that Heritage Victoria must or may consider, including:
- How the proposal would impact the heritage significance of the place
- How the proposal would assist with the reasonable or economic use of the place
- How the proposal would impact on the conservation of the place
- How the proposal would impact on adjacent heritage places.
A submission is a public document and copies may be made available to other people or organisations, including the permit applicant and the Heritage Council of Victoria.
Make a submission
If you do not already have an account please select 'Sign up' on the login page and create a profile.
Currently advertised permits
The Executive Director has requested the following heritage permit applications be publicly advertised.
Eastern Park & Geelong Botanic Gardens, 1-55 Garden Street, East Geelong (VHR H2095)
Application P39165 for the construction of a new verandah/covered area adjoining the existing Tea House building in the Botanical Gardens.
Submissions close 8 March 2024.
Page last updated: 07/02/24