Message from the Executive Director, Heritage Victoria
Heritage Victoria’s Compliance and Enforcement Strategy outlines our compliance and enforcement approach.
It describes how we will apply the law and exercise judgement and discretion in our compliance and enforcement activities, including how we:
- encourage voluntary compliance with the law
- use a range of compliance and enforcement tools available to us
- consider the extent of culpability and harm in our enforcement approach
Our compliance strategy is based on:
- preventive work, such as raising awareness of Heritage Act requirements and how to comply with them
- monitoring and assessing compliance
- taking action against non-compliance
- responding to harmful events as they arise
Our responses to non-compliance are considered and graduated depending on the circumstances.
Page last updated: 16/05/22