On this page:
How do I change something in my permit application?
If you have already lodged your permit application but need to make a change before it has been determined, apply for a permit application amendment.
You must provide:
- details of any changes to your original proposal
- the relevant fee
- a completed version of the ‘Permit application amendment form’.
The fee to amend a permit application is based on a percentage of the original permit application fee:
- for a permit application that hasn’t been advertised, 45% of the permit application fee
- for a permit application that has been on public display, 75% of the permit application fee
- For a permit application to demolish or destroy, 30% of the permit application fee.
The application may need to be readvertised.
How do I amend or extend an existing permit?
If you need extra time to complete the works approved by a heritage permit, or there’s a change to your scope of works, you may need to apply to amend your permit.
You must provide:
- details of the proposed changes
- the relevant fee, or request for a fee waiver
The fee to amend an existing permit is based on a percentage of the equivalent permit application fee:
- for an amendment to a permit to demolish or destroy, 30% of the permit application fee
- for an amendment to other permits, 75% of the permit application fee.
There is a standing fee waiver for extensions of time to existing permits. When you apply for the amendment
If the proposed change is substantial, you may have to apply for a new permit.
We cannot extend the timeframe of an already-expired permit. If you need to extend the timeframe of a permit, please lodge your application at least 30 days before the permit will expire.
Is anyone notified when I apply to amend my permit?
Anyone who made a submission on the original permit, and the responsible authority, will be notified. This is a notification only, there is no request for submissions on your proposed amendment.
What are the timeframes?
Heritage Victoria has 28 days to decide whether to amend the permit. Once the determination is made, we aim to issue the decision within 7 days.
Page last updated: 04/04/23