On this page:

What can I report?

You can help to protect Victoria’s heritage by reporting heritage places in poor condition, unauthorised work or suspicious activity to Heritage Victoria. For safety reasons it’s important that you do not directly intervene.

We can look into:

We cannot look into:

How do I report?

Look up the address to identify the heritage listing. Complete the report non-compliance form with details of your concern.

If the matter is urgent you can call us on (03) 7022 6390.

What happens next?

Your report will be assessed. If we need further clarification or information, we may contact you. Your details will not be disclosed.

Our compliance and enforcement actions may include:

  • inspection
  • warning letter
  • infringement notice
  • rectification order
  • show cause notice
  • repair order
  • stop order
  • civil and criminal proceedings
  • governor in Council declaration

More information about our enforcement actions can be found in our compliance and enforcement strategy.

If we initiate a formal enforcement proceeding it will be published on our current enforcement actions page.

Page last updated: 05/04/23