Your place for Heritage Victoria information is here.
DELWP’s new user-friendly, accessible website easily explains our role and how you can be a good custodian for heritage.
Regular users will find our important information is simplified and streamlined. If you are a new to Heritage Victoria, we welcome you to take a look around.
About this website
Our website is an important way for us to share information and updates about our role and responsibility.
We interviewed our stakeholders to better understand how our website was being used. We also asked them what information they were looking for on our website, and whether they found it.
We used this information to identify opportunities including:
- intuitive design
- simple guidance on our statutory processes
- a new mapping tool so you can easily find out if a property has statutory heritage protection
- online application forms for permits and permit exemptions
- accessible, easy-to-read content
- more great images of heritage places
- celebration of heritage achievements
- clarifying Heritage Victoria’s role.
We’ve rebuilt our website from the ground up with our stakeholders at the centre. It’s also part of a broader plan to create a more consistent experience for customers across Victorian Government websites. The new heritage.vic.gov.au look is in line with the Single Digital Presence.
We’ve worked to bring you:
- a user-focused website built around your needs
- a trusted place for all information about Heritage Victoria’s role and responsibilities
- videos and infographics to communicate our processes
- refreshed and easy-to-understand content.
Owners of heritage places will also find:
- a much simpler menu and layout
- an easy way to find out the heritage protection for your property, and who to speak to
- a step-by-step section on our grants, eligibility, and how to apply
- a short video on the permit application process
- a dedicated section on maintaining and modifying a heritage property
- information on how to find a heritage consultant.
Heritage professionals will also find:
- dedicated pages with resources for heritage consultants, archaeologists, and maritime archaeologists
- a single resources library where all policy, guidelines and forms are stored
- quick links to our new online forms
- clarity on our processes and timeframes.
Let us know what you think
We welcome your feedback so we can continue to improve your online experience. Please take a moment to complete the survey in the ‘give feedback’ tab on the right-hand side of the site.
Page last updated: 16/05/22