About the Program
The Living Heritage Program was launched in 2016 to provide funding to safeguard and reactivate Victoria’s key heritage resources.
The Program aims to enable owners and managers to undertake necessary conservation works to address the needs of their heritage place or object, and in doing so, support the ongoing and sustainable use of our most significant heritage assets.
Funding has been provided to support projects that address the risk to the place or object and that deliver and demonstrate benefits for the community.
A budget boost of $20.5 million in the 2019-20 State Budget brings the total Living Heritage Program fund to $60 million. The boost adds close to $9 million for a competitive community heritage grants program targetting "at risk" State-listed heritage places, adding to the $9.25 million already provided. The program is running to 2022-23.
Round 5 is now closed
Announcements of successful applicants are expected from October 2020.
Round 6 will open in early 2021 and Round 7 will open in early 2022.
You can still access your submitted or draft application, follow this link to return to a saved application.
What do I need to know?
Have a question?
Read the 2020 Frequently Asked Questions
Who can I contact?
Initial enquiries may be directed to the Grants Information Line on 1300 366 356 (press '2' for grants)
To contact the Living Heritage Grants team:
☎ Phone: (03) 7022 6380
✉ Email: email@example.com
Please note that due to COVID-19, our teams are working remotely at present. If you are having trouble reaching a member of the Living Heritage Team please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact details and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Program opened: 17 February 2020
Contact the Living Heritage Grants team cut-off date: 29 May 2020
Program closed: 12 June 2020
Round announcements: From October 2020
Resources for Successful Applicants
All applicants who receive an offer will need to enter into a Victorian Common Funding Agreement (VCFA) with the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning.
It is recommended that you read the Sample Funding Agreement (PDF, 235.5 KB) and the Funding Agreement Standard Terms and Conditions (PDF, 289.8 KB) before applying for funding.
Throughout the course of your funded project, you will need to report back to the Department regarding timelines, progress and expenditure. Our optional reporting templates can be viewed below:
Previously funded projects
- View videos of projects funded through the Living Heritage Grants Program.
- Summaries of completed Living Heritage Grants Program projects,
- Previous grant recipients and funded projects:
- Round 1 Community Heritage Grants Stream Successful Projects (PDF, 640.9 KB)
- Round 2 Community Heritage Grants Stream Successful Projects (PDF, 1.2 MB)
- Round 3 Community Heritage Grants Stream Successful Projects (PDF, 1.1 MB)
- Round 4 Community Heritage Grants Stream Implemented Projects (PDF, 1.0 MB)
- Major Building Program Projects (2016-17 to 2017-18) (PDF, 406.4 KB)
- Major Building Program Projects (2017-18 to 2018-19) (PDF, 313.9 KB)