About the Program
The Living Heritage Program was launched in 2016 to provide funding to safeguard and reactivate Victoria’s key heritage resources.
The Program aims to enable owners and managers to undertake necessary conservation works to address the needs of their heritage place or object, and in doing so, support the ongoing and sustainable use of our most significant heritage assets.
Funding has been provided to support projects that address the risk to the place or object and that deliver and demonstrate benefits for the community.
A budget boost of $20.5 million in the 2019-20 State Budget brings the total Living Heritage Program fund to $60 million. The boost adds close to $9 million for a competitive community heritage grants program targetting "at risk" State-listed heritage places, adding to the $9.25 million already provided. The program is running to 2022-23.
Round 5 is now open
The fifth round of the Living Heritage Grants Program community heritage grants stream is now open for applications. Applications must be submitted by 5pm on Thursday 9 April 2020.
Key changes from previous rounds include:
- mandatory requirement to contact the Living Heritage Team via phone on (03) 7022 6380 before 5pm 27 March 2020 to discuss your project before applying.
- priority consideration may be given to the conservation of Victorian Heritage Register listed places and objects located in Victorian communities impacted by bushfires.
To continue working on your application, follow this link to return to a saved application.
What do I need to know?
Have a question?
Who can I contact?
Initial enquiries may be directed to the Grants Information Line on 1300 366 356 (press '2' for grants)
To discuss your project once you have started your application, contact the Living Heritage Grants team on:
☎ Phone: (03) 7022 6380
✉ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Program opens: Monday 17 February 2020
Cut-off date to contact the Living Heritage Grants team to discuss your project: Friday 27 March 2020 5pm
Program closes: Thursday 9 April 5pm
Resources for Successful Applicants
All applicants who receive an offer will need to enter into a Victorian Common Funding Agreement (VCFA) with the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning.
It is recommended that you read the Sample Funding Agreement (PDF, 235.5 KB) and the Funding Agreement Standard Terms and Conditions (PDF, 289.8 KB) before applying for funding.
Throughout the course of your funded project, you will need to report back to the Department regarding timelines, progress and expenditure. Our optional reporting templates can be viewed below:
Previously funded projects
- View videos of projects funded through the Living Heritage Grants Program.
- Summaries of completed Living Heritage Grants Program projects,
- Previous grant recipients and funded projects:
- Round 1 Community Heritage Grants Stream Successful Projects (PDF, 640.9 KB)
- Round 2 Community Heritage Grants Stream Successful Projects (PDF, 1.2 MB)
- Round 3 Community Heritage Grants Stream Successful Projects (PDF, 1.1 MB)
- Round 4 Community Heritage Grants Stream Implemented Projects (PDF, 1.0 MB)
- Major Building Program Projects (2016-17 to 2017-18) (PDF, 406.4 KB)
- Major Building Program Projects (2017-18 to 2018-19) (PDF, 313.9 KB)