About the Program
The Living Heritage Program was launched in 2016 to provide funding to safeguard and reactivate Victoria’s key heritage resources.
The Program aims to enable owners and managers to undertake necessary conservation works to address the needs of their heritage place or object, and in doing so, support the ongoing and sustainable use of our most significant heritage assets.
Funding has been provided to support projects that address the risk to the place or object and that deliver and demonstrate benefits for the community.
A budget boost of $20.5 million in the 2019-20 State Budget brings the total Living Heritage Program fund to over $60 million. The boost adds close to $9 million for a competitive community heritage grants program targetting "at risk" State-listed heritage places, adding to the $9.25 million already provided. The program is running to 2022-23.
Round 6 will open 1 February 2021
Round 7 will open in early 2022.
Round 5 successful projects have now been announced
You can find out more about these projects here: Round 5 Community Heritage Grants Stream Successful Projects (PDF, 558.8 KB)
What do I need to know?
Have a question?
Who can I contact?
To contact the Living Heritage Grants team:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact details and a member of the Living Heritage Grants team will call you back as soon as possible.
If you do not have access to email, please contact Heritage Victoria on 03 7022 6390 and ask to speak to a member of the Living Heritage Grants team
Program opens: 1 February 2021
Contact the Living Heritage Grants team cut-off date: 12 March 2021
Program closes: 5pm 26 March 2021
Round announcements: From July 2021
Resources for Successful Applicants
All applicants who receive an offer will need to enter into a Victorian Common Funding Agreement (VCFA) with the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning.
It is recommended that you read the Sample Funding Agreement (PDF, 235.5 KB) and the Funding Agreement Standard Terms and Conditions (PDF, 289.8 KB) before applying for funding.
Throughout the course of your funded project, you will need to report back to the Department regarding timelines, progress and expenditure. Our optional reporting templates can be viewed below:
Previously funded projects
- View videos of projects funded through the Living Heritage Grants Program.
- Summaries of completed Living Heritage Grants Program projects,
- Previous grant recipients and funded projects:
- Round 1 Community Heritage Grants Stream Successful Projects (PDF, 640.9 KB)
- Round 2 Community Heritage Grants Stream Successful Projects (PDF, 1.2 MB)
- Round 3 Community Heritage Grants Stream Successful Projects (PDF, 1.1 MB)
- Round 4 Community Heritage Grants Stream Implemented Projects (PDF, 1.0 MB)
- Round 5 Community Heritage Grants Stream Successful Projects (PDF, 558.8 KB)
- Major Building Program Projects (2016-17 to 2017-18) (PDF, 406.4 KB)
- Major Building Program Projects (2017-18 to 2018-19) (PDF, 313.9 KB)