Veterans and Heritage Victoria have produced a series of fact sheets for volunteers in RSLs, ex-service organisations, community museums and historical societies.
They contain practical and easy-to-understand information about preserving many different types of heritage commonly found in local communities across Victoria.
Covering almost every type of objects from paper to metal and wooden, much of the information will also provide a useful guide for best practice for general collections.
- General Principals (DOCX, 148.1 KB)
- Antique and Heritage Munitions (DOCX, 264.3 KB)
- Avenues of Honor and Other Commemorative Plantings (DOCX, 140.8 KB)
- Finding The Right Contractors and Materials (DOCX, 364.0 KB)
- Honor Rolls (Wooden) (DOCX, 391.7 KB)
- Medals and Mediallions (DOCX, 181.9 KB)
- Metal Objects (DOCX, 104.2 KB)
- Outdoor Heritage (DOCX, 418.6 KB)
- Paper and Books (DOCX, 443.1 KB)
- Photographs (DOCX, 1.2 MB)
- Uniforms, Costume and Textiles (DOCX, 689.0 KB)
- War Memorials (General) (DOCX, 244.7 KB)
- Wooden Objects (DOCX, 429.4 KB)
- Useful Resources (DOCX, 366.8 KB)
Page last updated: 06/07/20