About the project
Heritage Victoria, on behalf of the Heritage Chairs and Officials of Australia and New Zealand (HCOANZ) commissioned the Heritage Trades and Professional Training project to identify and address perceived gaps in professional historic heritage and traditional trades training in Australia and New Zealand.
Funding to support this project was provided by the Australian Government Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities.
The project was undertaken by a team from Godden Mackay Logan Pty Ltd Heritage Consultants the Archaeology Program at La Trobe University and the Donald Horne Institute for Cultural Heritage at the University of Canberra, assisted by Dr Jennie Harre Hindmarsh and James R Lynch, QSM. The final report was submitted in September 2010.
The project documented and evaluated existing professional heritage and trades training and assessed community and industry requirements by undertaking a literature review, an industry wide audit of training opportunities and a skills needs analysis based on surveys and an industry experts workshop.
Analyses of the gaps, trends and issues arising from the data lead into some clear findings about looming skills shortages and proposals for action that can be taken by HCOANZ.
- Heritage Trades and Professional Training Project Part 1 - contents, executive summary, sections 1- 3 (DOC, 158.0 KB)
- Heritage Trades and Professional Training Project Part 2- section 4 (DOC, 1.4 MB)
- Heritage Trades and Professional Training Project Part 3- sections 5-8 (DOC, 654.0 KB)
- Appendix A. Types of Training (DOC, 88.0 KB)
- Appendix B. Outline of the Literature Reviewed (DOC, 107.5 KB)
- Appendix C. Explanation (DOC, 95.5 KB)
- Appendix C. Audit Database (Excel, 182.0 KB)
- Appendix D. Heritage Trades and Training Project (PDF, 115.4 KB)
- Appendix D. Survey 1 - Physical Conservation (PDF, 93.5 KB)
- Appendix D. Survey 2 - Heritage Trades (PDF, 97.7 KB)
- Appendix E. Industry Experts Workshop 26 March 2010 (DOC, 126.0 KB)
If you would like this document in another format please contact email@example.com